This recipe could be called, “Peanut sauce with random bits of veg in your fridge and tempeh,” but it just doesn’t have the same flair.
Thai Peanut Tempeh
Everything but the kitchen sink!
- 1 recipe Smoked Tempeh
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a yellow or white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a package of shredded broccoli blend, or 2 cups
- 1/4 of a package of shredded cabbage blend, or 1 cup
- 1 recipe peanut sauce of your choice- see note
- olive oil for pan -salt, to taste
Add olive oil to pan and add sliced onion. Let cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add red pepper and the remaining vegetables. Cook until the veggies are the crunchiness that you desire, about 6 minutes. Add the prepared tempeh and the peanut sauce to the veggies and stir to combine.
Note: I prefer Chef Dawn Ludwig’s Peanut Sauce recipe from the book, Always Hungry. I would share it, but it is copyrighted. I highly recommend the book, so buy it and try it!