This recipe is one passed down from my mom and is a crowd pleaser. It’s perfect for casual company and a herd of hungry teenagers alike! It’s a million times better than just a plain old ham and cheese sandwich. Truly. Make more than you think you will need, cause each person will scarf down at least 4 of these buttery, cheesy, delicious sandwiches. Have plenty of napkins on hand, too!
Somehow, this recipe became known as the camping recipe in our family. We glamp in a medium size camper that is outfitted with a really adorable tiny oven, so it’s an easy go-to recipe for us. We save the fire cooking for other dishes like hot dogs and s’mores.
For this recipe, you’ll want to get those yummy Hawaiian dinner rolls, if you can find them. If not, then any package of pre-cooked dinner roll will work. Did I mention that sometimes we leave our healthy eating at the camper door? Ha! Most times when we camp, I make regular healthy food, but occasionally we indulge in the fun stuff.
We went biking on some fun trails while we were there and I found some pine cones! I love being near the pine trees and seeing the pine cones. So of course, I had to stop and gather a few to bring back and decorate our picnic table. Plus, they made fun photo practice.
Here’s my hubby and dishwasher extraordinaire! I love that his hat says Live to Explore in this picture- perfect.
This hairy beast is Charlie, our furry baby. She’s camera shy. I was lucky to get this one shot. All the other ones are of the back of her head.
We had our son with us, but 15 year old boys don’t like to have their picture taken… what can you do?
There was a bush next to our site that had these gorgeous purple berries. Tim googled what they are (hey, don’t judge our use of technology while camping) and discovered that they are edible, but not very tasty. I passed. I was too busy eating these delicious sliders.
Have you clicked the follow button at the bottom of my blog? You’ll get an email reminder when I post new things. Also, check out my Instagram account and follow me there!
Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders
A delicious crowd pleaser. Serve with copious amounts of napkins!
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 12 slices of ham
- 5 slices of swiss cheese
- 1/4 c. mayo
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon of mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- Poppy seeds for the tops
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and mustard.
- Split the rolls and spread mayo on the bottom portion of the buns. Set into a rimmed 9×12 buttered baking dish.
- Fold one slice of ham and a quarter of a slice of swiss on each roll and replace the tops of the buns.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on the butter mixture to the top of the rolls evenly, making sure to get into the cracks and on the sides of the rolls. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden and the cheese is melty.