Last Tuesday was my birthday, and I maaaaay have over-indulged in sugar and white flour. #noregrets. However, later that night, I was fantasizing about roasted broccoli. That’s when you know your good eating habits have really become a major part of your life!
So when Custodian Appreciation Day rolled around, I wanted to bring something special to work, but I also didn’t want to hop on the sugar merry-go-round again. In place of a delicious cookie, I made these delicious protein balls! They are inspired by my favorite cookie of all time- Oatmeal Raisin.
These are no-sugar, no-bake, totally easy guilt-free treats!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
p.s. Did you see my Instagram story on my birthday? If so, you got a peek into my fun day playing hooky with my husband!
Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls
An easy, no-sugar, no-bake treat!
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 servings sugar free plain protein powder- I use Jarrow’s
- 2 T. honey
- pinch of salt
- Soak raisins in 2 cups of hot water for 5-10 minutes to plump them up.
- Drain the water and pulse the raisins in a food processor until they become a thick paste, about a minute.
- Scoop the raisin paste into a bowl with the remaining ingredients and incorporate fully with your hands. If the balls do not stick together enough, add a teaspoon of warm water at a time until they come together. This step was not necessary for me, but your mileage may vary!
- Divide the mixture evenly and roll into balls. Place on parchment paper in the freezer for a few minutes if desired. Serve and enjoy!