Welcome to summer, my people! We made it! I was in the mood for something indulgent to celebrate and these fit the bill. They are refined sugar free and no bake, because who wants to turn on the oven in this heat, right?! They taste delicious, and come together in less than 10 minutes of active time.
Now that school is out, I’m excited to float in the pool, tear through my stack of books to read, and catch up with my family. What are your fun plans this summer?
Peanut Butter Patty
These will remind you of a peanut butter cup, but so much better.
- In a small food processor, grind almonds until they are finely cut but not almond butter. You are going for a size smaller than a grain of rice.
- Add in dates and blend until they are broken up but some pieces still visible.
- Add in peanut butter and whir together. This will result in a thick, clumpy yet slightly crumbly texture.
- Melt the dark chocolate. I just use the microwave cause it is easy.
- Press the mixture firmly together into patties and dip in the chocolate, using two forks to flip and rotate the patties to ensure that all sides get yummy chocolate.
- Lay them out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and repeat until all are dipped.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or so until the chocolate re-solidifies and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.